How to join Global Compact Network Romania
Becoming a Global Compact signatory is an important public commitment to responsible business practices and transparency, but it does not automatically include participation in Global Compact Network Romania. There is a separate joining process for the Local Network and a small mandatory fee to offset the cost of the Network Secretariat covered by The CSR Agency.
If you would like to join Global Compact Network Romania, please contact The CSR Agency. Before you join, you will need to sign a statement of support and provide the following details:
- Full contact details for the day-to-day contact(s) in the organisation;
- Address details for sending the contract and invoice;
- A short (50 word) description of your organisation for the network website;
- Permission (or not) to announce your membership on our website and social networks; and (if permission granted)
- The organisation logo, a good resolution photo and a quote from the organisation leader (CEO / President).
If you have any questions please contact the Global Compact Network Romania Secretariat.
Benefits of joining Global Compact Network Romania
While each organisation has its own reasons for joining, for many companies the benefits of participation include:
- Quarterly Meetings provide a forum for knowledge exchange, networking, and a neutral venue for members to interact with organisations diverse in size, sector, and industry.
- Outreach Events provide a platform on which active members can address cross-sector audiences on issues related to the GC.
- Communication on Progress (COP) Peer Review Programme & Guidance provides members with valuable feedback on their COP. COP assistance and mentoring can be provided upon request.
- Influencing the Policy, Regulations, and Institutions: Government bodies and global policy leaders often consult the network to gather private sector feedback and advice on major policy developments.
- Website: The Romania Network website publicises members’ participation and support for the GC, as well as provides a useful resource for members.
- The Annual Local Networks Forum provides Romania companies of all sizes the opportunity to network with leading companies from all over the world and Global Compact Policy makers.
- Fulfilling Obligations as a Signatory to the Compact: By supporting the Romania Network, members are partially fulfilling their obligation to the Compact since the Network is acting on behalf of its members to pursue GC objectives.
- Webinars are held on topics relevant to GC operations.
Annual participation costs (VAT exclusive)
Large Business*: EUR 3.500 | Medium: EUR 1.000 | Small: EUR 500 | Micro & non-business: EUR 200
* as defined in the 2003/361/EC European Commission Recommendation of 6 May 2003 concerning the definition of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises: large – over 250 employees and EUR 50 million annual turnover | medium – 50-250 employees, EUR 10-50 mil. | small: 10-50 employees, EUR 2-10 mil. | micro: