The United Nations Global Compact is a global platform for business and non-business entities to engage in areas of human rights, labour, environment, anti-corruption. Participation in the Global Compact is a widely visible commitment to the implementation, disclosure, and promotion of its ten universal principles. Local Networks, such as Global Compact Network Romania, are clusters of participants who come together to advance the United Nations Global Compact and its principles within a particular geographic context. Our role is to help companies engage in the Global Compact with respect to implementation of the ten principles, and create opportunities for multi-stakeholder engagement and collective action.
Annual membership costs EUR 3.500 for large business, EUR 1.000 for medium, EUR 500 for small and EUR 200 for micro-enterprises & non-business.This administration fee is necessary to cover the cost of Network activities.
As defined in the 2003/361/EC European Commission Recommendation of 6 May 2003 concerning the definition of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises: large – over 250 employees and EUR 50 million annual turnover | medium – 50-250 employees, EUR 10-50 mil | small: 10-50 employees, EUR 2-10 mil | micro:
The donation to the local network supports the hosting of the Global Compact Network Romania Secretariat, which supports Romania-based companies and local priorities and activities. It also represents Romania based companies at international forums.
There are many benefits of membership, but for many companies the key issues are:
- support in fulfilling the UNGC’s requirement for communication on progress;
- regular meetings and events, which provide excellent learning and networking opportunities;
- staying informed about GCO activities;
- enhanced relations with other UN agencies.
- Full contact details for the day-to-day contact(s) in the organisation;
- Address details for sending the invoice and a PO# if needed;
- A short (50 word) description of your organisation for the UK Network website;
- Permission (or not) to announce your membership on our website and twitter.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Secretariat.