How to Join
Step 1: In order to apply for participation in the Global Compact Network Romania, organisations based in Romania must first become a signatory of the Ten Principles and remain an Active Participant of the UN Global Compact.
Once a signatory and an Active Participant in the UN Global Compact an organisation can apply for participation in the Global Compact Network Romania.
- Full contact details for the day-to-day contact(s) in the organisation;
- Address details for sending the contract and invoice;
- A short (50 word) description of your organisation for the network website;
- Permission (or not) to announce your membership on our website and social networks; and (if permission granted)
- The organisation logo, a good resolution photo and a quote from the organisation leader (CEO / President).
Upon payment of the invoice, the organisation will be added to the list of participants in Global Compact Network Romania.
To maintain good standing in Global Compact Network Romania, participants must fulfil the following obligations:
- Maintain their standing as an Active participant in the UN Global Compact as defined by the UN; this includes, but is not limited to, the timely submission of a Communication on Progress (COP) compliant with UNGC rules.
- Participate in the Global Compact Network Romania COP peer review process as defined by the Steering Committee; this may include acting as a peer reviewer and/or submitting a COP for review when called upon.
- Pay the appropriate fee, as determined by the Network Secretariat and approved by the Steering Committee for participation in the network:
- Large Business* EUR 3.500
- Medium EUR 1.000
- Small EUR 500
- Micro & non-business: EUR 200
* as defined in the 2003/361/EC European Commission Recommendation of 6 May 2003 concerning the definition of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises: large – over 250 employees and EUR 50 million annual turnover | medium – 50-250 employees, EUR 10-50 mil. | small: 10-50 employees, EUR 2-10 mil. | micro: < 10 employees, < EUR 2 mil.
For all inquiries regarding participation in Global Compact Network Romania, please contact the Global Compact Network Romania Secretariat.