Global Goal no. 16: Peace, Justice And Strong Institutions
Here are some of the targets:
- Significantly reduce all forms of violence and related death rates everywhere
- End abuse, exploitation, trafficking and all forms of violence against and torture of children
- Promote the rule of law at the national and international levels and ensure equal access to justice for all
- Substantially reduce corruption and bribery in all their forms
- Broaden and strengthen the participation of developing countries in the institutions of global governance
- Strengthen relevant national institutions, including through international cooperation, for building capacity at all levels, in particular in developing countries, to prevent violence and combat terrorism and crime
- Promote and enforce non-discriminatory laws and policies for sustainable development
What you can do
If you are an individual, become a global citizen and take action online and offline (see details)!
If you are a company, join the Global Compact Network Romania (GCNR) and become more responsible, as part of a global initiative (see details)! As part of the GCNR, you will better understand the goals, will be helped to implement them in your business and will share your experiences with other participants.
About the Global Goals
The Sustainable Development Goals – SDG, drafted by the United Nations, have been unanimously adopted by the 193 UN state leaders present at the UN Global Compact in New York, September 25th-27th. The 17 goals advanced to the international community for the next 15 years aim at ending extreme poverty, fighting inequality and injustice and fixing climate change. The objectives are global in themselves, but their success depends on the local and national implementation efforts and ther are expected to trigger a chain reaction in the business sector and at the level of the administrative and political decisions.
Romania values this event and was represented, for the first time in the last decade, at its highest level, by president Klaus Iohannis.