COP21 Special Edition
During this event, we will keep you up to date here with what is being discussed and decided. We will try to explain why this conference is so important, what is to be expected from the talks, who are the participating leaders and parties involved. The conference is crucial because the expected outcome is a new international agreement on climate change, applicable to all, to keep global warming below 2°C.
The last stage before COP21 was the pre-COP, from 8 to 10 November in Paris. More than 60 ministers from around the world answered Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Development Laurent Fabius’ invitation for the pre-COP, which was the largest, most productive one in the history of the UNFCCC. These three days of work helped achieve major progress ahead of Paris.
We also want to know if you are getting involved or take action during the conference or on the long term. Please share with us your thoughts, plans and findings by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
UN Global Compact Welcomes Historic Climate Agreement Adopted by 195 countries in Paris at COP21
We congratulate the Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, UNFCCC Executive Secretary Christina Figueres, French Minister of Foreign Affairs Laurent Fabius and Government leaders from 195 countries for this
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated November 19, 2017
- Native American Environmental Activists Say Paris Agreement Doesn't Go Far Enough - InsideSources November 19, 2017
- A sunshine sector - The Hindu November 19, 2017
- Non-state and subnational climate actors should not operate in a policy vacuum - EU News November 16, 2017
- US Government Is Out, but “We Are Still In” - HuffPost November 14, 2017
- French former COP 21 President named new UN Environment Patron on Environmental Governance - UN Environment (press release) November 14, 2017
- Environmentalists take Norway to court over Arctic drilling - Times LIVE November 14, 2017
- Syria plans to join Paris climate agreement, isolating US - Reuters UK November 7, 2017
- Analysis: Which Countries Have Sent the Most Delegates to COP23? - EcoWatch November 6, 2017