COP21 Special Edition
During this event, we will keep you up to date here with what is being discussed and decided. We will try to explain why this conference is so important, what is to be expected from the talks, who are the participating leaders and parties involved. The conference is crucial because the expected outcome is a new international agreement on climate change, applicable to all, to keep global warming below 2°C.
The last stage before COP21 was the pre-COP, from 8 to 10 November in Paris. More than 60 ministers from around the world answered Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Development Laurent Fabius’ invitation for the pre-COP, which was the largest, most productive one in the history of the UNFCCC. These three days of work helped achieve major progress ahead of Paris.
We also want to know if you are getting involved or take action during the conference or on the long term. Please share with us your thoughts, plans and findings by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
UN Global Compact Welcomes Historic Climate Agreement Adopted by 195 countries in Paris at COP21
We congratulate the Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, UNFCCC Executive Secretary Christina Figueres, French Minister of Foreign Affairs Laurent Fabius and Government leaders from 195 countries for this
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated June 22, 2018
- Unilever chief Paul Polman named Chair of ICC, world's largest business organisation - International Chamber of Commerce June 21, 2018
- Koko the Gorilla Dead at 46, an 'Icon for Interspecies Communication and Empathy' - EcoWatch June 21, 2018
- Statement: Briefing to French Parliament – Foreign Affairs Committee of the National Assembly - UNDP June 18, 2018
- COP21 : La métropole de Rouen inscrit son nouveau siège à un concours national d'économies d'énergie - actu.fr June 13, 2018
- Jon Palais – Alternatiba – ANV-COP21 - Le Club de Mediapart (Blog) June 9, 2018
- Jean Jouzel, climatologue : «Remettre sur pied la Cop 21, c'est une nécessité» - ladepeche.fr June 3, 2018
- COP21 : le retrait des Etats-Unis a-t-il refroidi la lutte contre le changement climatique ? - ARTE Journal June 2, 2018
- Activists interrupt Total's AGM in Paris over company plans to drill in the Amazon Reef - Greenpeace International June 1, 2018