COP21 Special Edition
During this event, we will keep you up to date here with what is being discussed and decided. We will try to explain why this conference is so important, what is to be expected from the talks, who are the participating leaders and parties involved. The conference is crucial because the expected outcome is a new international agreement on climate change, applicable to all, to keep global warming below 2°C.
The last stage before COP21 was the pre-COP, from 8 to 10 November in Paris. More than 60 ministers from around the world answered Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Development Laurent Fabius’ invitation for the pre-COP, which was the largest, most productive one in the history of the UNFCCC. These three days of work helped achieve major progress ahead of Paris.
We also want to know if you are getting involved or take action during the conference or on the long term. Please share with us your thoughts, plans and findings by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UN Global Compact Welcomes Historic Climate Agreement Adopted by 195 countries in Paris at COP21
We congratulate the Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, UNFCCC Executive Secretary Christina Figueres, French Minister of Foreign Affairs Laurent Fabius and Government leaders from 195 countries for this
- Sustainability Forum 2017 Takes Place on October 5 - Triple Pundit (registration) (blog) September 25, 2017
- Anger at EU climate chief's suggestion US can backtrack on Paris - Climate Home September 25, 2017
- Dominica has been brought to its knees – PM tells UN - Stabroek News September 24, 2017
- Élections fédérales allemandes : l'Energiewende face aux ambitions de la COP21 - Connaissance des Énergies September 22, 2017
- Climat : «Trump voudrait le beurre et l'argent du beurre», estime Laurent Fabius - Le Parisien September 21, 2017
- Private sector crucial to meeting COP21 targets - Upstream Online September 20, 2017
- Paris police launch massive crack down on COP21 climate change protests (VIDEOS) - The Canary September 16, 2017
- Hurricane victims should be Trump's wake-up call on climate change - CNN September 8, 2017
- By the tracks of #COP21 – 3 steps to decarbonization - EU Reporter September 6, 2017