COP21 Special Edition
During this event, we will keep you up to date here with what is being discussed and decided. We will try to explain why this conference is so important, what is to be expected from the talks, who are the participating leaders and parties involved. The conference is crucial because the expected outcome is a new international agreement on climate change, applicable to all, to keep global warming below 2°C.
The last stage before COP21 was the pre-COP, from 8 to 10 November in Paris. More than 60 ministers from around the world answered Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Development Laurent Fabius’ invitation for the pre-COP, which was the largest, most productive one in the history of the UNFCCC. These three days of work helped achieve major progress ahead of Paris.
We also want to know if you are getting involved or take action during the conference or on the long term. Please share with us your thoughts, plans and findings by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UN Global Compact Welcomes Historic Climate Agreement Adopted by 195 countries in Paris at COP21
We congratulate the Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, UNFCCC Executive Secretary Christina Figueres, French Minister of Foreign Affairs Laurent Fabius and Government leaders from 195 countries for this
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated December 17, 2017
- Coal tax to help PHL meet emission targets–group - Business Mirror December 17, 2017
- 'One Planet' summit draws green investment pledges for climate action - Daily Trust December 17, 2017
- Climate change "no longer a matter of opinion": Italy PM - Xinhua December 16, 2017
- Clima, Gentiloni: “Nessuna marcia indietro sull'attuazione della Cop21, l'unica strada è la decarbonizzazione” - Meteo Web December 16, 2017
- New briefings reveal how 8 energy-intensive jurisdictions in North America and Europe are accelerating climate action - The Climate Group December 15, 2017
- Climate change: France calls for global action - New Vision December 15, 2017
- Swiss president 'optimistic' two years after COP21 - swissinfo.ch December 12, 2017
- Climat : seconde chance pour la COP 21 - ladepeche.fr December 12, 2017